Written by Jamie Irvine | 2-minute read
It’s 2018, can you believe it?
While no one can foretell the future, we can do 5 things to make sure that we start the year off right.
- Set 3 Big Goals
- Have a Written Plan
- Create Benchmarks
- Regularly Measure Your Progress
- Get an Accountability Partner
How Does It Work?
So, let’s go through all five steps:
- Set 3 Big Goals – Too many goals and we become overwhelmed, three goals seems to be the perfect number because it allows you to have goals in the three areas that are most important to most people in life which are; health, family and financial.
- Have a Written Plan – Without a written plan you don’t really have a blueprint, you have an idea. How many times have you had a great idea, didn’t write it down, and when you tried to remember it later it was gone?
- Create Benchmarks – Benchmarks are very important because you need some way of identifying if you are heading in the right direction. Without a target to shoot at you never know if you hit the right thing.
- Regularly Measure Your Progress – Having benchmarks is meaningless if you never take time to check whether or not you are hitting your target. Most people use a combination of daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly measurements.
- Get an Accountability Partner – This is the final step and is the area that many people shy away from. An accountability partner will make sure you stay committed when you want to give up. A coach is the best accountability partner because they are objective and you are paying them so you are more likely to stay invested.
I hope that this blueprint helps you to start your year off right and makes 2018 a roaring success for you.
We are excited to announce the launch of our totally redesigned website on January 1st, 2018. Check it out here.