3 Key Points:
- Building a great business starts with what makes you different.
- Ask people what they want and give it to them!
- Compromise in marriage and business is very important.
- Start with the toughest question, “why should people buy from you instead of your competitors?”
- The answer can’t be something your competitors can do as well.
- Focus on what really differentiates you.
- Create a profile of your ideal customer and focus on your niche
- Ask people what they want and give it to them.
- Business partner wanted to go in a different direction after only a few months of being in business.
- Don’t fall into the trap of being too specific about your passion, passions change over time.
- “I wanted to be an entrepreneur more than anything else!”
- Compromise in a marriage and business is needed.
- “People stepped up at key times to help me because I was willing to do the work.”
- This podcast interview was originally aired on the Daily Grind Podcast and aired on November 19, 2017.
This episode sponsored by:
If you are hiring a new employee, we highly recommend that you use the Screen2Fit recruitment platform by Pro.File.
I use Process Street to create systems in my business and I highly recommend that you use Process Street as well.
If you enjoyed this interview, then you will love my new book The Blueprint of a Great Business! This book is for self-employed people with service-based businesses that want to provide for their families and create freedom and flexibility in their lives.