3 Key Points:
- Understand the WHY behind the need for the sales plan
- Set measurable goals with defined outcomes
- Take consistent action every day
- Jamie is a Sales Account Manager and an Entrepreneur.
- What are the elements of how to write a great sales plan?
- Explain Why – First express the value of your sales plan. It’s important to understand the motivation for a sales plan. It will drive you to honor and follow the plan.
- Set measurable goals with defined outcomes – Activities are not enough. The desired results must clear. Without defined outcomes, sales goals don’t help you. Start with the goal of closing the sale and work backward.
- Establish a timeline – Pick a schedule that is challenging but doable.
- Define your goals – Big goals, annual goals, and weekly to-do list goals to make this happen. Jamie uses a simple notepad. Breaks them up into alphabetical categories for precedence. Then numbers them 1 to 10 by importance.
- “Keep it simple, because simple is hard enough.” – Owen Clark
- Identify barriers to success – Many times outside events are beyond your control. But you can learn how to deal with rejection and overcoming objections. That you can control.
- Outline the strategy and get everyone on board.
- Seek a commitment from all the stakeholders – all roles need to support sales.
- This podcast interview was originally aired on Sales Babble and aired in 2017.
This episode sponsored by:
If you are hiring a new employee, we highly recommend that you use the Screen2Fit recruitment platform by Pro.File.
I use Process Street to create systems in my business and I highly recommend that you use Process Street as well.
If you enjoyed this interview, then you will love my new book The Blueprint of a Great Business! This book is for self-employed people with service-based businesses that want to provide for their families and create freedom and flexibility in their lives.