3 Key Points in this Episode:
- To maintain optimal health, protect your sleeping time.
- We are always our own greatest barrier and we must get out of the way of our own success.
- Your attention is for sale, everyone is trying to get your attention, it is up to you to decide where you put your attention.
Bio of Today’s Guest (1:05)
Dave introduces successful people to themselves. He helps people balance health and happiness with significant achievement. He works with accomplished people who have a passion for their work and have sacrificed their bodies and families for their vocation. He shows them how radical self-care changes not just their bodies, but their whole lives – their careers, relationships, and legacy.
A Blueprint for Success (3:46)
Dave would love to say, “meditate, exercise and eating well” but the only thing that Dave does consistently well is to take his sleep seriously so that he consistently gets a great night’s sleep.
Facing Barriers and Removing Them (7:32)
“100% ME!” Dave admits that he has been his own barrier. Staying in a bad job and staying in a bad relationship. Dave changed when he unexpectedly lost his wife and that forced him to make decisions about his life and what he discovered was that curiosity is what helped him to change.
Fully Express Greatness by Celebrating Success (15:10)
Dave loves experiences over things because he gets to keep those in his head. Travel is a way that Dave gets to use his curiosity and to engage in “play” or doing something for the pure joy of it. That is how he celebrates success.
Advice for Your Younger Self (18:15)
“Who you are today is not who you will be in the future.”
Teaching Moment (21:05)
- The most important thing you need to know is your attention is the one thing that everyone fights for and your smartphone is perfectly engineered to grab and hold your attention.
- We all need to tame our smartphone, this helps to build a better business because it enables you to focus on developing your relationships and that is the best way to make more money and live a better life.
Contact Dave and Get Access to a Great Resource for Taming Your Smartphone
This episode sponsored by:
If you are hiring a new employee, I highly recommend that you use the Screen2Fit recruitment platform by Pro.File.
I use FreeeUp to find high-quality freelancers to help me run my business and you should as well.
Thank you for listening and I look forward to working with you soon.