3 Key Points in this Episode:
- The E-Myth and the Fatal Assumption are more relevant today than in 1986 when Michael first penned those words.
- An entrepreneur is four personalities all in one, the dreamer, the thinker, the storyteller, and the leader.
- Entrepreneurs are made not born and Michael has developed the 8-fold path, a system that makes entrepreneurs.
Please note that today’s show notes are a summary of all that was discussed and therefore no timestamps will be applied.
Bio of Today’s Guest
It’s not often that one gets to introduce a true legend, a world-renowned thought leader, entrepreneur, and author. But that’s my privilege right now. In fact, our guest is even more than that. He has touched the lives of more business owners, managers and entrepreneurs over the past forty years throughout the world than any other individual has.
His E-Myth books have been named by The Wall Street Journal as the single most influential business book of all time. His companies have coached, mentored, trained and facilitated more than 100,000 business clients in 145 countries. His books are among the top selling books of all time, on The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Business Week, Inc. Magazine and so many more. It was Inc. Magazine that first called Michael E. Gerber, “The World’s #1 Small Business Guru!”
Greatness Seekers today one of my dreams comes true, it is with great respect and excitement that I get to say, here is my interview with The Man, the true E-Myth Master himself, the inventor of the iconic phrase, go to work ON your business, not IN your business . . . MICHAEL E. GERBER!
Their Blueprint for Success
Michael E. Gerber has been declaring for forty years that, “the system is the solution, the solution is the system.” He urges all business owners to spend their time, “working on their business, not in their business.”
The Barriers They Have Faced and How They Removed Them
Michael has had numerous barriers of mountainlike proportions. He has overcome all of them by having a great dream, “to transform the state of small business worldwide.”
Advice for Your Younger Self
Michael recommends that to the degree that you can develop your ability to see people for who they really are, to get “the sense of a person, not how that person wishes to be perceived” is to the degree that you will be able to avoid problems of mountainlike proportion.
- The most important thing you need to know is that entrepreneurs are made not born! That to be an entrepreneur you need to be a dreamer with a dream, a thinker with a vision, a storyteller with a purpose, and a leader with a mission. That this is what all entrepreneurs must become to build a great growing business, a business that starts out as a job, a business of one and grows and becomes an enterprise, a business of 1000. To accomplish this, you must travel the 8-fold path and that is what Michael is now teaching millions of people to do, to be!
- The effect it can have on your personal life is that once you are on this path, you’re on it for the rest of your life.
This episode sponsored by:
If you are hiring a new employee, I highly recommend that you use the Screen2Fit recruitment platform by Pro.File.
I use FreeeUp to find high-quality freelancers to help me run my business and you should as well.
Thank you for listening and I look forward to working with you soon.