3 Key Points in this Episode:
- Humility and pride are often misunderstood.
- The way you conduct yourself and treat others is crucial to long-term success.
- These qualities make you better as a business owner and as a spouse or parent.
Bio of Today’s Guest (1:22)
Joel Hawbaker is a high school history and Bible teacher in Alabama. He is also a speaker and the author of the recently published book ‘Inverted Leadership: Lead Others Better by Forgetting About Yourself’. Joel’s topics of expertise include leadership, education, and blended family life. He lives with his wife, Maryellyn, his two daughters, and their two rescue dogs: Bruiser and Butterscotch. When Joel grows up, he wants to earn a black belt in karate.
Their Blueprint for Success (8:42)
Joel consistently starts the day by reading the Bible, he goes to work, after work he reads other things to learn more and, on the weekends, he writes which helps him to stay focused on his WHY.
The Barriers They Have Faced and How They Removed Them (12:18)
Joel has experienced divorce, loss of loved ones, loss of his job, bankruptcy and foreclosure and other personal problems.
Fully Express Greatness by Celebrating Success (14:14)
Joel loves to spend time with his wife and kids. When he was younger he spent a lot of time away from home chasing a career so now he really values time with family.
Advice for Your Younger Self (17:46)
“You are not as big a deal as you think you are!”
Teaching Moment (21:00)
- The most important thing you need to know is that humility and pride are often misunderstood.
- The quality of your relationships and the way you treat people creates goodwill and in the long run, this helps you earn more money.
- The effect it can have on your personal life is that it will make you a better spouse and parent.
Contact Joel: Website
This episode sponsored by:
Learn the 10 steps that make up my blueprint for building a traditional business and operating it remotely.
If you are hiring a new employee, I highly recommend that you use the Screen2Fit recruitment platform by Pro.File.
I use FreeeUp to find high-quality freelancers to help me run my business and you should as well.
Thank you for listening and I look forward to working with you soon.