3 Key Points in this Episode:
- Strive for perfection every day realizing you won’t achieve it.
- Ask for help early on, you can’t do it alone.
- Learn the process of how to sell because sales are the only thing that moves a business forward.
Bio of Today’s Guest (1:30)
Tom Jackobs has been through a few things in his 30+ years of being an entrepreneur. He’s had more failures than successes but wouldn’t have it any other way. Today he’s the Impact Pilot, helping entrepreneurs generate more income through better sales strategy and using stories to sell.
Their Blueprint for Success (3:00)
It’s all about the routine and being consistent. It’s about striving for perfection but not being perfect.
The Barriers They Have Faced and How They Removed Them (6:02)
Tom was sitting in the back office of his fitness studio starring at the computer screen and he realized that he was $10,000 short. His credit cards were maxed out and he had no options left. This brought him to tears and he had to borrow the money from his father to pay his employees and landlord.
How They Fully Express Greatness by Celebrating Success (10:13)
Tom takes 25% of his revenue and puts it into a travel fund, he is currently in Mexico for a month.
Advice for Your Younger Self (11:08)
“Ride the ride and ask for help!”
Teaching Moment (13:05)
- The most important thing you need to know is to understand that there will be ups and downs and you need to be consistent in your execution.
- This helps you make more money because as you learn the process of how to sell you can create the revenue necessary to keep the business profitable. You don’t have to sell, you just must let people buy.
- The effect it can have on your personal life is that to be a hard-driving entrepreneur you may have to make sacrifices which include possibly not having a family but it makes you very independent.
Contact Tom: Website
This episode sponsored by:
Achieve your #1 goal in the next 90-days. This is a 12-week intensive that is not for the faint of heart. If you are ready to take your business or career to the next level by achieving your #1 most important goal this program is for you.
If you are hiring a new employee, I highly recommend that you use the Screen2Fit recruitment platform by Pro.File.
I use FreeeUp to find high-quality freelancers to help me run my business and you should as well.
Thank you for listening and I look forward to working with you soon.