3 Key Points in this Episode:
- Chill out and stop stressing because stress doesn’t help.
- Social Media is NOT a direct selling tool.
- You don’t need to be on every platform to be effective on social media.
Bio of Today’s Guest (1:29)
Emily Baillie is a social media marketing business owner and digital marketing professor. She works with brands of all sizes to optimize their Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & LinkedIn accounts. She is a Toronto-based member of the Canadian Marketing Association Digital Council.
Their Blueprint for Success (6:09)
Emily sacrificed the stability and predictability of having a steady paycheck and this was very anxiety provoking. Emily developed a process of clearly planning her days, weeks, months, and her year. This reduced the anxiety and she also joined a masterclass and enlisted the help of other experts in her field. She uses Tello to map out her daily tasks.
The Barriers They Have Faced and How They Removed Them (7:55)
Emily didn’t know how to run every aspect of her business, she is a marketing expert, so she was confident in this area but less so in accounting and operations. Don’t be shy or embarrassed to ask for help.
Fully Express Greatness by Celebrating Success (9:39)
Emily loves to travel, she has traveled the world but also enjoys local traveling in Canada.
Advice for Your Younger Self (12:04)
“Chill out and stop stressing because it doesn’t help!”
Teaching Moment (14:47)
The most important thing you need to know is that you don’t have to be on every single platform. It is better to focus on the platforms where your ideal client is spending their time.
This helps you make more money because it does three things:
- It expands your brand awareness, tells clients how to contact you, and how you are differentiated from your competitors.
- Online relationships will never trump real-world interaction, but it helps you develop a rapport with new clients and staying in touch with your existing clients.
- It allows us to share things like coupon codes and you can do paid ads to update them about events or sales you are having. The idea is to get their attention and get them off the social media site and into your ecosystem.
The effect it can have on your personal life is that it can lead to opportunities that we don’t even see yet.
Contact Emily Baillie: Website
This episode sponsored by:
Learn the 10 steps that make up my blueprint for building a traditional business and operating it remotely.
Every business needs a website and I have used Gerrit and Trackstar Web Design since 2012 and so should you.
I use Process Street to create systems in my business and I highly recommend that you use Process Street as well.
Thank you for listening and I look forward to working with you soon.