3 Key Points in this Episode:
- Learn your responsibilities as an employer and plan accordingly.
- Creating a great work environment for your people will save you money and increase your revenue.
- Work with an HR professional to implement an effective human resources strategy that will enable you to scale your business.
Bio of Today’s Guest (1:30)
Kimberly Ho is an HR Services Consultant and owner of Honiva Consulting Ltd. which provides HR planning and implementation services. Her aim is to help employers develop the HR Framework (Structure, Processes, Tools) to take care of their employees and build a sustainable business. Kimberly works across 7 HR Functional Areas with a focus upon HR Department Setup, Talent Management, Total Rewards, and HR Information Management.
The Barriers They Have Faced and How They Removed Them (8:58)
Building market presence was the largest barrier faced, at the end of the day Kimberly wears “many hats” and she had to grow into the role she has now as a business owner.
Fully Express Greatness by Celebrating Success (11:42)
Kimberly shares her wins with her mentors and others who have contributed to her success. They go out for meals and take a moment to step back from the day-to-day.
Advice for Your Younger Self (12:55)
“It’s okay to be different!”
Teaching Moment (15:35)
- The most important thing you need to know is that you must take the time to learn what the responsibilities you have as business owner are and then plan your human resources accordingly.
- This helps you make more money because you will manage the labor costs effectively and mitigate the costs of making poor hiring decisions.
- The affect it can have on your personal life is that you can work with people long-term and create great workplaces that people are excited to go to everyday.
Contact Kimberly: Website
This episode sponsored by:
Achieve your #1 goal in the next 90-days. This is a 12-week intensive that is not for the faint of heart. If you are ready to take your business or career to the next level by achieving your #1 most important goal this program is for you.
If you are hiring a new employee, I highly recommend that you use the Screen2Fit recruitment platform by Pro.File.
I use FreeeUp to find high-quality freelancers to help me run my business and you should as well.
Thank you for listening and I look forward to working with you soon.