3 Key Points in this Episode:
- Bring value into every interaction with your clients.
- Prescription before diagnosis is wrong.
- You must take a process approach to marketing based on a focused strategy before you even think about the tactics.
In today’s episode, we talk about how if you try to prescribe a solution before diagnosing the problem you will not successfully take away the pain, likewise, your marketing strategy should come before your tactics.
Bio of Today’s Guest (1:37)
Patrick McFadden is a marketing consultant, and the Founder of Indispensable Marketing, a small business marketing firm that installs marketing as a process to increase visibility and make your phone ring. His firm removes the pain and frustration associated with understanding, buying and implementing marketing – forever! American Express OpenForum calls Patrick a marketing thought leader and Manta exclusively named him as a person to follow.
Their Blueprint for Success (6:05)
Patrick focuses on his mindset so that he approaches everything with the expectation of success, that he will add value to everything that he does, and that he will succeed.
The Barriers They Have Faced and How They Removed Them (8:25)
Patrick has a speech impediment and his family did not have the finances to get professional help, so they used a Hooked-on-Phonics program.
Fully Express Greatness by Celebrating Success (10:05)
Patrick has a Tom Brady fist pump when he has a win, but he maintains a “Grind Daily, Celebrate Rarely” mindset.
Advice for Your Younger Self (12:35)
Patrick would tell his younger self to be patient and learn more.
Teaching Moment (16:55)
- The most important thing you need to know is that prescription before diagnosis is wrong.
- This helps you make more money because it helps you to avoid competing on price and you understand the true value you bring your clients which differentiate you from your competitors and allows you to sell at a higher price.
- The effect it can have on your personal life is that it focuses your attention on people and so you view them as the R.O.I. so that allows you to truly understand where the person is coming from.
Contact Patrick: Website
This episode sponsored by:
Learn the 10 steps that make up my blueprint for building a traditional business and operating it remotely.
If you are hiring a new employee, I highly recommend that you use the Screen2Fit recruitment platform by Pro.File.
I use FreeeUp to find high-quality freelancers to help me run my business and you should as well.
Thank you for listening and I look forward to working with you soon.