3 Key Points:
- Understand the WHY behind the need for the sales plan.
- Set measurable goals with defined outcomes
- Take consistent action every day.
- [1:40] – Jamie is a Sales Account Manager and an Entrepreneur.
- [6:15] – What are the elements of how to write a great sales plan?
- [6:20] – Explain Why – First express the value of your sales plan. It’s important to understand the motivation for a sales plan. It will drive you to honor and follow the plan.
- [7:40] – Set measurable goals with defined outcomes – Activities are not enough. The desired results must clear. Without defined outcomes, sales goals don’t help you. Start with the goal of closing the sale and work backward.
- [9:33] – Establish a timeline – Pick a schedule that is challenging but doable.
- [14:06] – Define your goals – Big goals, annual goals, and weekly to-do list goals to make this happen. Jamie uses a simple notepad. Breaks them up into alphabetical categories for precedence. Then numbers them 1 to 10 by importance.
- [18:56] – “Keep it simple, because simple is hard enough.” – Owen Clark
- [19:30] – Identity barriers to success – Many times outside events are beyond your control. But you can learn how to deal with rejection and overcoming objections. That you can control.
- [20:55] – Outline the strategy and get everyone on board.
- [24:00] – Seek a commitment from all the stakeholders – all roles need to support sales.
If you enjoyed this interview, then you will love The Blueprint of Greatness! This school is for people who are looking to remove barriers and fully express their greatness in business and life and has courses in Business, Leadership, Sales, Branding, and Personal Development specifically designed for you.