3 Key Points:
- Build your business with systems.
- Start with the Leadership Foundation.
- Measure your baseline, create a system, test results and constantly improve the baseline.
- [2:45] – Jamie started his career in sales in 1997 and an entrepreneur since 2009.
- [3:50] – The big challenge has always been finding people who would do the hard physical labor and operate a safe yet profitable business.
- [4:25] – Jamie sometimes felt like a conduit for cash, money comes in but goes right back out again.
- [5:13] – Jamie found that one of the most rewarding parts of owning his contracting business was seeing his customers have that “WOW” moment.
- [5:26] – Another rewarding part of owning a contracting business was helping employees.
- [6:48] – Jamie structured his business, so he could operate it after moving 1000 kms away.
- [7:20] – In year two of owning his contracting business Jamie had a 20-foot fall at work, he almost died, and he needed 6-months to recover.
- [8:20] – After that experience, Jamie asked 4 questions when building his business systems:
- Will it produce predictable results?
- Will the system operate independently of us?
- Will the system scale in the future?
- Would someone want to buy our business running this type of system?
- [11:18] – Another AHA moment was when a competitor approached and asked Jamie to buy his business, but the competitor had no systems.
- [12:13] – When Jamie sold his business the contractor that bought his business purchased it for the systems.
- [14:23] – Systems smooth out your cash flow and helps take the stress out of running the business.
- [18:48] – Residential estimate system helped Jamie close 90% of business despite at times having a higher price.
- [21:30] – “When we broke the system we always regretted it.”
- [22:40] – It takes time and patience to teach your team to follow systems.
- [24:22] – Measure your existing baseline, create a system, test to see if it improved the result above the original baseline.
- [26:20] – A building cannot be built without a foundation; a business cannot be built without the leadership foundation in place.
- [28:37] – Jamie now offers coaching, consulting, and courses that teach and help people build great businesses.
If you enjoyed this interview, then you will love The Blueprint of Greatness! This school is for people who are looking to remove barriers and fully express their greatness in business and life and has courses in Business, Leadership, Sales, Branding, and Personal Development specifically designed for you.